Unconditional contraindications for dental implants are:
- diseases of the blood and blood-forming organs. For example, blood clotting excludes any surgery because of serious bleeding.
- CNS disease (congenital and acquired).
- Sarcoma, cancer. Surgical intervention may affect the development and metastasis of tumors.
- immunopathologic condition (surgical necessarily takes time energetic and quite tense of the immune system to normal tissue healing after surgery)
- systemic disease of the connective tissue. Implantation is extremely demanding on the growth and regeneration of connective tissue around the implant, respectively, similar to the disease (e.g., systemic lupus erythematosus, rheumatoid, scleroderma, rheumatoid and other diseases) preclude implant placement
- Certain oral mucosal diseases: chronic recurrent aphthous stomatitis, pemphigus, lupus erythematosus, Sjögren’s syndrome, etc.
- Diabetes type
- Bruxism, hypertonia of masticatory muscles.
For relative contraindications for dental implants can be included:
- Lack of sanitation of the oral cavity (the presence of carious teeth, for example)
- Poor oral hygiene (this item refers to the direct indication for a removable prosthesis)
- Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums infectious and contagious nature)
- Marginal periodontitis (inflammation of the tissues that surround the teeth)
- Abnormal bite
- arthrosis and arthritis (TMJ)
- atrophy or lack of alveolar bone
- Drug addiction, smoking, alcoholism,
General contraindications are:
- Contraindications to anesthesia.
- General surgical reason for not intervening.
- Certain somatic diseases that may affect implantation (endocarditis, etc.).
- Some medications that may have an impact on the regeneration and preservation of the implant after prosthesis on the implant tissue.
- Mental disorders.
- Distress Syndrome
- cachexia (wasting of the body)
- Poor oral hygiene
Local contraindications are:
- Low susceptibility to oral health;
- lack of bone or no suitable structure of bone tissue;
Temporary contraindications are:
- the stage of rehabilitation and recovery;
- acute illness;
- condition after irradiation (at least one year);
- drug relatedness.